Monday, April 5, 2021

I Can Do Anything

 I feel like surviving what we have been through as a family in the last year, I can survive anything. We really struggled when first starting quarantine. It was such a shock to our system being secluded to home after living such busy lives. But, it wasn't only the fact of suddenly finding ourselves stuck at home that caused the difficulties. It was the unknown. When I was first sent home from work and the kids were first sent home from school, it was for two weeks. The two weeks stretched into 4 then 6 and then indefinitely. The kids still haven't returned to school. They are scheduled to being a two day hybrid in person schooling on 4/19. I returned to work in the office two days per week in July of last year. We just got an email reminding us we are only slated to remain working remotely until the end of June. I'm not sure what the plan is after that, but it was explained we are not necessarily going back to full-time in the office starting in July. More instructions are to come. 

We have adapted in our own ways over the past year. It took me a long time to get go of the time line I had in my head for when this would all end. I don't remember when exactly I did let it go, probably sometime in April last year. Even then, I don't think I would have guessed I'd be still be working from home a year later. Now, it has been so long, it is hard for me to envision being in the office five days a week. Going back will feel like as much of a shock as being sent home was last year. I know I will re-adapt. I feel exhausted from all the adapting I've done since March 2020. But, if I could live through 2020, I can live through anything. 



Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about this, too ... the things I've learned over this past year that will equip me to adapt to what used to be "normal" and what never can be any more. You are more powerful than you know.

    ReplyDelete