Tuesday, July 25, 2017

No Jedi Mind Tricks Necessary


Earlier this month I griped about the 4 days it took to get Love Bug to finally pee in the potty and not all over himself and the floor. It was a messy, grueling four days. But, once Love Bug got it, the boy GOT. IT. What I mean is, without prompting, cajoling or Jedi mind tricks, he pooped in the potty and has had only one poop-related accident while playing outside at daycare (so, he was distracted). He has had relatively few pee-related accidents and most of the them are because he doesn’t pull his pants and underwear down far enough when he sits down. Given his sister’s inclination to be a night-time bedwetter, I thought for sure I would still be diapering Love Bug at night for many more months, perhaps years (not kidding! Chica Marie was potty trained but still wetting the bed until right before she started kindergarten last fall – she was 5). But, Love Bug has been waking up with a dry diaper. One night he woke me up to take him to the potty in the middle of the night and one night I forgot to put his diaper on him and he didn’t have an accident, thank you Jesus. So, while those four days felt intense, it seems that was all it took for this little stinker to get the whole shebang, pooping and nighttime peeing all in one fell swoop! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me!! I’m only sorry I doubted Love Bug and sort of wish we had done this sooner (although, I don’t know that he would have been as successful, since he was adamantly opposed to potty training previously).

No comments:

Post a Comment