Monday, November 20, 2017

Broken Midas

The end of October I had a few bad days. I thought that was it, some bad days then back to our normal. Not so fast! The few days have stretched into a few weeks and as we prepare to give thanks this week I feel more overwhelmed than thankful.

Work - A total mess. A co-worker retired leaving two of us to do the work of three that used to be the work of 4 and 5. We keep losing co-workers and no replacements. Welcome to working for the state! And, rather than making some logical concessions, our supervisor seems to expect there to be little to no disruption to the level of work getting done. Can you say stressful?

Home/Family - Primero is already testing limits with being a legal adult. Of all the teen years, 18 has got to be the worst! Hubris come from legality. Things with Chica Marie, well they are what they are, although things with her mobile therapist got rough all of a sudden. At three Love Bug is still so needy. If he could crack open my chest and crawl inside of me, he would. He's a momma's boy through and through. But, sometimes Momma needs to breathe!

Finances - A mess I don't even want to talk about. And the holidays are looming. Gulp.

Personal Life - I just wrote a post about my angst, my inability to determine if I'm too broken to fall in love again or if this just isn't a fit. Maybe it's just left-over anxiety from all the other messes in my life.

When you're going through hell, nothing to do but keep on going. This too shall pass.

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.


1 comment:

  1. Your last paragraph. Hold onto that. You're wise. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete