Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Something Fishy


There’s something fishy going on here. Last week Esperanza told me that Hermano’s girlfriend had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for this week and she was told they would hear the heartbeat. The girlfriend said she was nervous and when I asked Esperanza why she said the girlfriend was afraid they wouldn’t hear the heartbeat. I found this perplexing and asked why she would think that, was she spotting or something? And Esperanza said, “I didn’t ask her all of that!” It sounds odd, does it not? Why would someone blissfully unaware of infertility issues be concerned about their pregnancy?

 

Well, the appointment was yesterday and they did not hear the heartbeat, but they saw it on the ultrasound. She sent a picture to Esperanza and said she is not as far along as she first assumed. Instead of a due date of 8/29/16 her date was adjusted to 9/17/16. Wait, what? That’s a three week difference! Almost a whole new cycle! Instead of being nearly through her first trimester, she is only 6 weeks pregnant. But, things don’t add up! She said she found out she was pregnant on New Year’s Eve. If she’s only 6 weeks along that isn’t possible! She would only have been getting a positive pregnancy test a week or so after that date because she would only have gotten pregnant around Christmas. Two and two are not making four here. I guess it doesn’t really matter and I should keep my nose out of things, but I find it suspicious. I also wonder if the reason she was worried about hearing a heartbeat is because she’s had a miscarriage before or suspects things aren’t progressing with this pregnancy as they should be. When I text her last week she never responded to me. It doesn’t really matter, I’m nothing to her, but I feel like I am a part of Hermano’s life and hope to be in the future, even if just by extension of Primero and Esperanza, so responding to a nice “hey how are you?” text really shouldn’t be too much to ask for, should it? In passing I asked Esperanza if she thought Hermano and his girlfriend would let us baby-sit to which she shrugged that she didn’t know. I said I hoped they would because I love babies, plus the baby’s uncle lives here and his/her aunt spends a great deal of time here, so it would be nice. I guess we’ll see. Sometimes the family dynamic between the siblings is hard for me to

 

Esperanza reported that Hermano was not allowed to go to the doctor’s appointment although she didn’t mention why. I know she said he was going to be allowed to attend some appointments and maybe that depends on things like his school schedule or transportation by the county or his foster parents. I know he hasn’t gotten his driver’s license yet, so he isn’t able to transport himself. Not that he would have a car anyway, but at least that’s one less hurdle for him to clear. Hopefully, things will work out for the next appointment so Hermano can attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment