Monday, July 13, 2020

Back to The Office

I have officially returned to work in the office. My first day back was last week. It was ok but rather lonely. To mitigate contact, staff is working in staggered shifts, which means something different for each team. The extended hours we were supposed to work has not be approved by the union (Yet. No idea if this is still being considered), so we are only working our normal hours. But, only one of us is in the office at a time. I work in the office on Monday’s and Thursday’s and from home the rest of the week. Getting back into the morning routine has been hard. I had tried to keep some semblance of a routine during quarantine and the last few weeks I have been getting up earlier. But, being the genius I am, I decided I needed to not only start a new cleaning schedule but I also want to spend some time working out or doing yoga in the morning, plus the meditating I have been doing. It was a breath-taking schedule this morning to be honest. I should probably get up earlier to get it all done but I sense that no matter how early I rise, I will still feel like I’m sprinting to get to work on time. Sigh. Mornings are just not my thing. Or maybe, working at someone else’s schedule is just not my thing. There are some nice things about being at work, like using a computer with a mouse (I’ve been using my laptop at home).Of course some things work better at home, like Skype (I was sent home today to use Skype on my laptop after spending two hours trying to get it to work on the laptop in the office). But, mostly it’s annoying having the mask on and trying to not breathe into my eyes (honestly, my eyes get sore, it’s weird – I don’t wear glasses but I can understand this is also highly annoying with the glasses fogging up constantly). The work is mostly the same although I am doing more translation for customers collecting unemployment. I feel like each day brings new questions about how something might function differently while following social distancing.





Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment