Monday, December 5, 2016

He Adores You


Last Friday I got a phone call from Primero’s new IEP teacher. He had recently asked her to be his IEP teacher, since his previous one became his math teacher this year. I expressed approval because I know he likes this teacher and if he likes a teacher there is a greater chance he will ask for help when he needs it and not just give up and fail, as has been his M.O. in the past. So, the teacher calls me to set up a time to meet this week to discuss and renew his IEP. During the course of our conversation she said, “It is evident how much he adores you.” I don’t actually remember what we were discussing when she said this because my mind went off into a thousand different directions. I wonder what he says about me in school that makes this so evident to someone who has never met me? Or was she just trying to compliment me, to make me feel good about the shortcomings of Primero’s early education? And while I know Primero is fond of me and loves me, I don’t know that I would use the word “adore” to describe our relationship. But, sure random teacher who I will meet later this week, let’s go with adore.

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

1 comment:

  1. Take the compliments where you can get them. Maybe they are his reality when he's away from you.

    ReplyDelete