Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Mom Fail


A fellow blogger wrote “It was ugly. I, was ugly. I admit that because I'm not perfect. I think its a helpful reminder to read about other's admissions of imperfection, especially during the holidays when everyone is wearing matching sweaters, building insanely cute gingerbread houses, and sharing pictures of holiday gatherings.”

 

And I can so relate to this as my experience on Saturday. I wasn’t PMS-ing but I did come down with a sinus cold and was feeling exceptionally grumpy and not mom-like this weekend, especially Saturday. At one point I growled to the two small children, “All I want is for you to go away and leave me alone.” Ouch! They were just being kids, bouncing around the house and playing. But, my head was pounding and I just wanted to sleep. Primero had spent the night at his uncle’s house and so he wasn’t home to run interference. If I had been parenting myself I would have sent me to my room for being so crabby and unkind. It actually wouldn’t have been a punishment because all I really wanted to do was nap. I did not get out of my pajamas all day on Saturday. I did manage to make us dinner but that was pretty much my only accomplishment of the day. There was an ice/slush storm that cancelled all of our plans for the day, so I felt no need to put on regular clothing. Or a bra. I did take a shower and change into fresh pajamas before going to bed.

 

So there you have it, my mom-fail confession. I was ugly. I was grumpy. I said mean things I didn’t mean. We all survived and Sunday was a better day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. We all have those days. I once told my now 14 year old that I hate her behavior. I vividly remember cringing when I said it & shooting my wife a look of instant regret. Even though there were 3 of us there when it happened, my daughter STILL claims that I said I hated HER. At this point I can't tell if she says it just to get my goat or if she truly believes I said that. The kid can't remember her multiplication tables but she can remember (wrongly) something I said 6 years ago? That's just great. ;)

    ReplyDelete