Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Why Bother


I should have kept my mouth shut. I knew better. I should have kept scrolling and moved on with my life. But, I didn’t. After 50,000 baby-related posts I hit my breaking point and I just had to comment. My cousin’s wife (who is somewhat attention-seeking) posted how she was anxious to reach the second trimester so she wouldn’t feel so sick anymore. I commented, “I would give anything to feel sick from pregnancy…” A few other people commented about how they felt during their various trimesters of pregnancy and she commented on each of their comments but ignored to glossed over mine. Because, despite her extreme empathy for all animal-kind (she’s a vegan), trying to graciously understand how lucky she is to be complaining about pregnancy symptoms is simply not in her wheelhouse. I’m feeling better about getting sick for her baby-shower….

1 comment:

  1. oh yea I had a friend complain about her pregnancy to me once too and it was just annoying. She didn't even have a difficult pregnancy at all, she just didn't like the feeling of being pregnant or something stupid like that! Sorry your cousin's wife didn't even respond to your comment.

    ReplyDelete