Monday, February 27, 2017

The Eye's Have It


I like my eyes. They are one of my more fetching features. They shift in color from a vivid green to a turquoise blue depending on my mood and what color I’m wearing. I like to dress up my eyes with different shades of eye shadow to enhance one shade or the other. In my family, everyone has some hint of blue in their eyes. My brother has the most striking deep blue eyes surrounded by thick, black eye lashes. My dad, similar to my grandfather, has pale blue eyes. My mom’s eyes tend to be more on the gray-blue side and my sister’s favor the gray hue even more. My mom is the only one besides me to have shades of green in her eye color, although mine are more green than hers. All three of my children have brown eyes. Sometimes it still makes me sad to know when I look at my children I won’t see my own eyes reflected back at me. But, then again, even biology couldn’t have guaranteed me that.





Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo pretty! It's funny because my husband and I have brown eyes and my daughter, conceived via donor eggs, has the prettiest hazel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find genetics amazing and interesting. In my family, my facial features resemble my mother, yet my skin coloring and hair texture favor my father. My brother and sister have my mom's skin coloring (they are more pale and tend to burn whereas my and my dad have more olive undertones and rarely burn), yet my brother looks just like my dad (only taller - which he got from my mom's side of the family). It's so interesting!

      Delete
  2. Awesome photo. Not met you in teal life but it seems like you would look amazing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have green eyes too, and now you mention it, I like them too, though I don't appreciated them as I should perhaps! Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete