Monday, June 5, 2017

Gender Reveal Re-do


I think 3D ultrasounds are creepy. I know most people think they are cool and spend extra money to have them done, but they just skeeve me out. I’m sure my cousin and his wife will have one done, they seem like the couple to do that. But, they will most certainly have it done now. Let me explain why. As soon as possible they found out the gender of their baby. They had a huge gender reveal party (ugh!) and everything was BLUE, BLUE, BLUE because they were having a boy. They chose the name Kane Alexander and she started referring to him by name in all her Facebook posts. Well, lo and behold, she goes in for a regularly scheduled ultrasound last week and Mr. Kane is now a girl! No boy parts, just a va-jay-jay. So, he is now she and her name is Inaya Sarai and I haven’t heard if they are going to re-do the gender reveal party (I think not), but the whole thing just reinforces my resolve to not attend the baby shower, should I be invited. Because it’s not enough to be happy and blessed with an easy pregnancy, but you have to make a big deal over the gender too? Bahumbug!


Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. Also I can't help but remember my friend's ultrasound that almost assuredly said boy. Emily will be 12 next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you too! Sometimes I feel like the gender reveal party is a way of making up for finding out the gender in the first place and taking away the surprise. Of course, the original gender reveal party was the actual birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banking on ultrasounds feels too risky. We told our parents what the doctor saw, but we also didn't believe it was true until we saw the kids outside of the body. They also told us they were each over 5 pounds for over 11 pounds of baby total. Considering one was under 2 pounds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best gender reveal is at the birth of the baby.
    Doctors and scans aren't infallible.

    ReplyDelete