Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Quid Pro Quo


There is a person I have been helping, well really I’ve become a sort of safety net for them. And I don’t do it to get anything from them or because I expect some sort of reward or compensation. Still, I figure, if there is something they could do to help me out, they would be willing, simply because I’ve been helping them. A sort of lopsided quid pro quo, right? So, I need some help this weekend. It’s not even for me, really, it’s for me to help a different person. The person I’m helping this weekend asked the other person for the favor and was told “no.” Apparently, this small favor, really the only thing that has been asked for in all the months of helping, is too inconvenient. Is this making any sense?

 

I was livid. I could not believe this person would be so unappreciative, especially when most of the things I do are highly inconvenient for me. I plan on texting this person myself and asking for the favor, in hopes that the response was perhaps misinterpreted by the other party. If not, if the request is denied, then I need to seriously reconsider the level of assistance I offer this person. My good intentions are not indefinite and I don’t think what I am asking for is really all that arduous of a task. If they can’t be minor-ly inconvenienced to help me why on earth should I continue to do the massively inconvenient things I do for this person? The fall-out could get ugly, but if they choose to burn this bridge then so be it.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a tricky situation to navigate but you are right to say something.

    ReplyDelete