Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Facebook Find


I think I have mentioned it before; I am an unabashed Facebook stalker. Sometimes this natural curiosity in me has caused me some heartache, but mostly it just satisfies the nosey Nelly in me. Apparently, Facebook has taken notice of the folks I’m not friends with but tend to stalk the most – my children’s mothers. At least once every few weeks Facebook suggests I befriend Primero’s mother. But, yesterday Facebook indicated I might know someone with a new Facebook account. I was shocked to see a picture of the little one’s mother posed in a selfie pic with a man posted on Sunday. Honestly, my first thought was, “she’s alive!” which is so sad, but valid. Voraciously, my eyes sucked in the information for my brain to begin computing, registering and reacting. This new account is the third one I’ve seen. It looks like she created it last August but only recently updated with some pictures. Of course I jumped right to the man’s page to see what I could see about him. It looks like he has two young daughters. She only has about 50 friends on this page and her mother (the kids grandmother) isn’t one of them. It looks like one of her sons is her friend and I’m only guessing this because he has a name that isn’t too common. As I jumped around, gathering this intel, I observed that their mom looks fairly healthy. Briefly, I flirted with the idea of sending her a message but decided not to. I’m friends with her mom now on Facebook, so she has a way to find me, just as I found her. If she is healthy and doing good I don’t want to derail her with reminders of the painful recent past. I’ll keep an eye on this new page for future updates. Perhaps there will come a point where messaging her might make sense. I wish I could find some of my previous foster kids on Facebook, but they are all too young. Still, I search for the names of their adult relatives just in case they created accounts that might give me a glimpse into how the kids are doing. I wish I could see them now, how big they’ve grown, the smiles I remember from when they were small. It is such a sad thing, to love a child intensely but to never get to see them grow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment