Monday, June 26, 2017

Three!


Tomorrow is Love Bug’s third birthday. Holy cow, where has the time gone?! Some days, I feel like it was just yesterday that I was awkwardly strapping him into the car seat at the hospital. And other times I feel like I can hardly remember those times (other than the severe sleep deprivation!) because it seems like Love Bug has always been with us. I look at him in amazement thinking how he has gone from the tiny, needy baby to a strong and funny toddler. I delight in his personality, which is equal parts loveable, goofy and still demanding. Love Bug has epic meltdowns over the tiniest infraction and very much fits the term “threenager.” Still, when he is lovey-dovey my heart melts into a gullible little puddle and he’s just my sweet little boy. Often times, after his meltdowns, he will want me to hold him so he can wrap his arms around my neck and gently grab chunks of my hair or pat the back of my neck. He is a momma’s boy through and through and every day when I pick him up from daycare he runs full throttle into my arms. He gets upset if other kids come over near me, telling them hurriedly “that’s my mommy" with the emphasis on *MY*. He is a smart little boy and his vocabulary has gone from next to nothing to long, wordy sentences with facial expressions and inflection to match. He will be a story-teller that’s for sure! Mostly, I am humbled by the great blessing and responsibility at being his mother. Our bond is very special to me, in a different way than it is with Primero and Chica Marie. I cherish my little boy and every year I’m blessed enough to be in his life. Happy Birthday Love Bug!  

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! I think you deserve to be celebrated today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw so sweet. Happy birthday to Love Bug!

    ReplyDelete