Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Waiting Game - Again!

     So, I have not had a chance to call and make an appointment with the new infertility doctor yet. I will get around to it, hopefully Monday morning. I did call the Social Security office (the national call number) and they told me I would need to call my local office. So, I called the local office and was told that they no longer send out the yearly benefits letter (which we could have used in place of the W2s) and in fact, this letter no longer exists. She said I would need to fill out paperwork and send it in with about $35, then wait 4 months to get the past W2s. I do not want to wait 4 months! I did look for our W2s and was only able to find last year's W2s. I have no idea where we (read Flaco) might have put them when we moved the desk to the basement about 6-7 months ago. I find this so frustrating! Something so stupid could hold us up for 4 dam months! And what the hell are my W2s from 10 years ago going to prove? I was in college, working as a waitress over the summer. Uh, $3,000 for a year is well below poverty, but I was still dependent on my parents. And, after college I went into the Peace Corps. Technically, I did not make an income (although the dam government did take taxes out of my resettlement allowance). Again, what does this freaking prove? Flaco only has W2s from the past 5 years because before then he was living and working in another country - to my knowledge Nicaragua does not have W2s. So, I am going to call the IRS number that I have and see if they can offer a faster return on the W2s.
     Today my mom gave me a name and a number to call to possibly get into an infertility experiment. It is being held at a hospital that is about an hour and a half away in Hershey, PA. They are studying hormones in the endocrinology department. I will give them a call on Monday to see if I could fit into the experiment, but more importantly, I would like more information. Yes, it would be nice to get free treatments, but I don't want to relinquish all the control related to treatment. I also don't want to feel like a lab rat.
     I am still not totally comfortable with adopting and pursuing infertility treatments at the same time. I guess it feels like we are just trying to get a baby by any means we can - I suppose, in fact, that is what we are doing. I just hope we are not shortchanging anyone in the process. I try to tell myself that we are just trying to put our eggs in more than one basket - literally and figuratively. Most days, it feels like we will simply never be parents. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment