Friday, November 4, 2011

Moving at a Snail's Pace

     So, we are moving along in the adoption process. We are just moving slowly. Like molasses in January. But, I figure as long as we are moving forward, we are not moving backwards! I was finally able to procure our W2 forms. I think. On Wednesday I finally found time to call the IRS. After 5 minutes of navigating prompts, I was interrupted by a return call from the new infertility office to schedule my first appointment. It's 11/22. So, back through the prompts and after a 15 minute wait with the most grating elevator music playing over and over again, a woman finally answered the phone. And wow, did she need a Prozac or something! No matter how bubbly I was, her Eeyore-esque manner could not be shaken. Anyway, I explained why I was calling and she dimly said she could get this information for the past 10 years, as long as it was available on the system. She said this multiple times, which I can only guess to mean there is a gap in my W2 history - I'm guess this might be from when I was in the Peace Corps and college. And of course Flaco will only have about 4-5 W2's because he has only been here that long. But, she had me wait on the line until she had all the forms ready to be mailed. So, we should be getting the the W2's in the mail sometime early next week. At least this is my hope.
     So, since the W2 situation has now been figured out, I called and made the appointment for the cats and the dog to go to the vet for their vaccines on 11/29. Hopefully, I will be able to send everything to Consuelo by the first of December! And, I am assuming that no news is good news when it comes to our medical checks. I am assuming we passed our physicals. I truly hope and expect that we will be fully approved before the beginning of the new year. But, I don't want to get too excited by this prospect, just in case there are unforeseen complications.
     So, since I made the appointment to see New Infertility Doctor, the office sent me a packet the size of Rhode Island to fill out. Honestly, I am not looking forward to this appointment. I kind of feel like I am setting myself up for some more heartache and disappointment. But, I also feel some insatiable urge to continue trying - this insane dance of infertility! I am nervous about what this doctor will suggest we try. Dr. F. thinks I will need to try a "stronger" medicine to provoke ovulation - I'm sensing this will mean injections. I already told my mom and she has already agreed to come and give me any shots I might need. I have a phobia about needles and although I do much, much better after the nearly weekly shots in the Peace Corps and more recently the weekly blood drawing during infertility treatments, I cannot give myself a shot. When I was in high school and college I suffered from severe migraines. At one point, after visiting my roommate in Connecticut over summer break, I had lobster which apparently contains iodine that caused me to have a horrific migraine. I was in tears and in pain, but I could not force myself to use the pen full of medicine to give myself a shot. My mom did it for me. Good thing she is a nurse! So, she knows that I will definitely need help should injections be the course of action. Thankfully, she is willing! And who knows, maybe I am worried for nothing. Maybe the infertility doctor will not prescribe a medicine that does not require needles.
     So, that is all for now. One foot in front of the other, step by tiny step, we are making progress. At least, this is what I choose to believe. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment