Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give thanks

     When dealing with infertility, it is often times too easy to think of all you are missing out on in life and sometimes hard to find something to be thankful for. But, I am feeling more thankful this year than I have in the past three years. I don't know if it's just because of the fact that we got a call last week about a placement (even if it didn't work out, it gave me hope that we are indeed on "the list" and that things are moving behind the scenes that I have no idea about) or I'm just trying extra hard to put myself in a thankful frame of mind. In any event, I am very thankful that I have a roof over my head, more than enough food on my table (my grandmother cooks enough to feed an army!), a loving family surrounding me, a job to pay (almost) all my bills, and more creature comforts than a large chunk of the world will ever know. I am incredibly thankful that Flaco and I have decided to adopt and that the good Lord put a special friend in my life to act as my guide through this process. Her wisdom and experiences help keep me sane in this turbulent time. I am thankful for all my infertile blogger friends who have recently gotten pregnant or are about to give birth. While I might struggle to find happiness for pregnant friends or new moms who never had to worry about ovulation or sperm count, I find it exhilarating for my infertile friends who are able to experience their miraculous pregnancies. I am thankful for my general good health - other than infertility issues, I have no medical problems or ailments and I am so thankful for that. I thank the Lord for my wonderful supportive friends -they keep me going when times get tough. I am thankful for my loving husband who drives me crazy and makes me laugh. I pray for more happy years together with mi amor. I am eager for our next step in this journey. For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to the future with hope and anticipation.

I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart
I will enter His courts with praise
I will say this is the day that the Lord has made
I will rejoice for He has made me glad
He has made me glad, He has made me glad
I will rejoice for He has made me glad

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment: