Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Final Decision

So, beginning this weekend, I will be getting a new foster placement. Yes, foster placement, not legal risk placement or adoption placement. I have had these two little kids with me for every weekend since the first weekend in December, minus one. They are sweet kids for the most part, but the girl can be quite a handful. Initially, I was not going to take them because I really want a permanent placement, but I felt bad for their situation and so agreed to take them full-time. They will be with me for a couple of months – or at least that is the case at the moment.
It makes me sad to say this, but I’m not overly excited to be having these kids come stay with me. Perhaps it is just because I am trying very hard to not let myself get too attached to these kids because they will be leaving soon (even though the baby reminds me of the first baby I had as a potential adoption and whom I still feel like he was my son, even if it was only for a few months). It will be interesting having these munchkins because I already know what behavioral issues they are coming with and I have already been trying to get them into a routine when they have been with me on the weekends. But, I will need to be getting up much earlier in the mornings again because I need to take the children to a daycare with another foster family and it is about a 20 minute drive in the opposite direction of my work. But, hopefully, after these little ones I will have my “own” baby come to me…..

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Before we had a lot in common with the infertility problems, but recently hubs and I have decided to move on with life and begin fostering. We start our classes on Monday, and are so excited. I've been reading your blog for a while, and can't wait to read your experiences with these kids. I do hope all turns out well for you.

    ReplyDelete