Friday, September 20, 2013

It's Official!

I had my meeting with the adoption case worker today to review my family profile and I am officially approved as an adoptive family (it seems so weird and silly to call myself a "family"). The report was rather similar to my autobiography (I'm mean, my story is my story, right?) with the addition of financial information, background check stuff, the case workers opinions of me and the house and the interviews from my three references. The things my friends said about me moved me to tears. I mean, I know we are friends and they like me and all, but they said such kind things about me so deserving to be an adoptive mother, how nice of a person I am and how much I care for the children. I really did get tears in my eyes while reading it and needed to stop and take a breath. I feel unworthy of such adoration and praise!

I took the day off of work, so I am back home now thinking of all the things I want to get done before I pick the little guy up from the sitters. I thought I would be more elated about completing this milestone today, but I'm actually feeling pretty down. I think the fact that the little ones are leaving very soon is finally settling in and weighing on my heart and mind. I don't want this to rob my joy of the moment because I am one very large step closer to adoption! All I need now is the child that will become mine! My information is now officially available for other counties to view when considering an adoptive home for placement. Of course, this does not mean I will get an immediate placement, the length of my wait is anyone's guess. But, I am one step closer and that is definitely a cause for celebration! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment