Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Baby is Here

Not my baby. The kids mother has given birth. She had a baby boy on Monday and the kids are having a visit to meet their new baby brother tomorrow. The new case worker was over at my place Tuesday night and she notified me of the baby's arrival and of the up-coming visit. We also discussed the timing of the kids going home. The case worker said she is not sure if the county might change the date for a week or two out, since the baby was late. She is not 100% sure that the kids will go home on the first after court or if a decision will be made for the date of return at court. She has a call into the county worker to get some insight into the situation. She is hoping to have an answer by Monday. I just go with the flow, like a little river plant firmly planted in the sandy bottom but swayed and moved by the ebb and flow of the current.

Friday I have a meeting with the adoption case worker to review my completed family profile. She called me today with a few lingering questions and said everything looks good but she does have some concern about how I will manage with the finances after the foster care support ends and the child is officially mine. I don't have any really great responses to that, only that I'm working my arse off to get out of debt and become more financially stable. If they decide to turn me away due to that reason, I guess my journey will be over and I will need to realize that I was never meant to be a mother. I guess I am just trying to be ok with whatever comes my way - good, bad, and everything else. I'm done fighting an uphill battle for everything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment