Friday, November 8, 2013

I Said No

I met with the adoption coordinator this afternoon so I could read over the profile for the little boy I expressed interest in during the matching event. I read all 26 pages but had already made my decision about half-way through. I was not the right fit for this little guy. His story is so sad which makes it understandable that he has behavioral issues, but that combined with his multiple mental health diagnosis makes us incompatible. But the amount of loss this child has endured is just heart-breaking. After I voiced my decision, the adoption case worker informed me she was awaiting a response regarding the other potential placement she had seen at the matching event and she again encouraged me to attend the next matching event next week. She did let me know that she has an intern trolling the SWAN website for potential placements for me (and other potential adoptive families). She assured me that my perfect child is out there and that eventually we shall meet. She said it was good I was open to foster-to-adopt and legal risk placements because that opened up more possibilities. I was glad to hear I was still being considered for legal risk placements because I worried they were only looking at strict adoption placements for me. So, I guess things are just slow with placements at the moment. My wait continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment