Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Not so Perfect Timing

I can’t help but think about timing. There have been many points along this journey where I thought it would have been a perfect time to get a placement for one sentimental reason or another. Once again, I am thinking “now would be the perfect time” and not just because I am anxious about finally being able to adopt. Tomorrow I will be able to leave work a few hours early, thanks to the governor, and that is followed by a 4 day weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday (we have off Black Friday but not Good Friday – score one for consumerism). What better time to take in a child and spend guilt-free days getting settled (yes, I feel guilty if I take off work for a new placement – my boss next to never takes a day off and he passive-aggressively expects everyone else to follow his example). What is that saying about man making plans and God laughing? It’s just another reminder that my timing is not God’s timing and surely He has this whole event planned down to the exact perfect minute. Even if that minute is not the one I think is perfect……

No comments:

Post a Comment