Monday, June 30, 2014

Impatiently Waiting

It's Monday. No phone calls this weekend. Well, no calls from CHOR or the county. The foster mom for the baby's older sisters did call. She didn't know I was getting the baby, so she was calling to let me know he was born. Yup, it's a boy! Anyway, the foster mom told me about her meeting with the grandmother, who lives about an hour away and how the grandmother was glad her granddaughters were being taken care of because she could not do it, she could not care for them. Apparently, the children's mother was adopted when she was Primero's age, but she has some mental health issues. The other foster mother was happy to hear I will be getting the baby and she was still willing to provide child care when I go back to work. She also reiterated her request for me to take the little girl for the weekend of the fourth. For the record, that's a teen, a toddler, and an infant for three days and four nights. Thank goodness I won't be working!

So, I am feeling nervous as I type this. I've sat around and waited for a baby before that I never got. The longer I wait, the more nervous I get. And a little irritated too. I took off of work, I cancelled my weekend trip and for what? To sit here an wait? Ugh! I have the house set up - the bassinet is in my room all ready for the baby, the baby clothing is washed and stashed in a plastic set of drawers I procured from the basement, the car seat is strapped in the car, the diaper bag packed, bottles washed and sanitized - everything is ready. But, I've been here before too. Even Primero mentioned how frustrating it is to dig everything out of the basement, get it set up, and then have to put it away again after the baby leaves. I told him this is the fourth time I'm doing this, so I totally understand. Trust me, I do. As every moment ticks past I worry more and more that "it" won't happen, they've changed their mind, I'm not getting the baby. Not hearing a thing, not knowing anything, it's maddening. I am going to wait until noon and then contact CHOR to see what they know. Because knowing is half the battle...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment