Saturday, June 28, 2014

Total Bliss

I'm supposed to be in Virginia with my mom, aunt, and sister. We had been planning for a girls weekend for several months now. But, the phone call I got Friday changed my plans. Now, I am preparing for a baby! Yes, a newborn. Born sometime on Friday. I will be getting a call to let me know when (Sunday or Monday) I am supposed to pick up the baby. He/she (I'm not sure if the baby is a boy or a girl) is the sibling to the girl I've had in respite and this, coupled with the fact that I will be using the other foster family as my daycare, is why the county chose me. Their only request was for me to take the next two weeks off of work. More FMLA for me. I took care of everything on Friday and I did two loads of baby clothes. I'm cleaning the house and getting everything in order. I am staying remarkably calm about all of this. Of course I am excited but I am also terrified - I've been here before! So, I am preparing but also aware that nothing is over until the fat lady sings.

On a few occasions when I have told people my news, they ask me what will happen to Primero. I was perplexed by this question. If I had one biological child and am about to have another, no one assumes I would get rid of the first child to have the second. Why would anything happen to Primero just because I'm getting a baby? Primero is my son. He will become a big brother (again), if I get the opportunity to adopt this baby.

So, that's the news! I will try to stay up-to-date on how things are going with a teenager and a newborn in my home! Total bliss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment