Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Poetic Justice


This might sound mean and part of me is not happy about it, but the other part of me views it as just deserts. I wrote about how Primero got angry with me and took off, flexing his newly attained “adult” muscles. Well, I came to find out he wasn’t exactly welcomed with open arms into his friend’s house. In fact, rather than putting him up on the couch or the floor in his friend’s room, the family had Primero sleep outside in their van. And, the weather has finally gotten seasonal, so it was down in the 30’s that night. They gave him a blanket and he put on all the clothing he had with him (so, his school clothes in addition to what he was wearing) and sent him outside to their minivan, which is essentially equivalent to having him sleep in the backyard; the van didn’t offer much shelter and even if he had been given the keys, the heater didn’t work anyway. Sorry not sorry, but if that isn’t the best life lesson for his snotty “adult” self I don’t know what is – I certainly wouldn’t have been able to come up with anything better! I mean, in reality he chose to spend the night freezing when he could have come home to his nice warm bed with his space heater and covers. It was his own hubris that kept him in that frigid van all night. When we finally talked about things I told him to remember this as the more difficult path he could choose for his life and how much it sucked sleeping in that van. Safe to say, lesson learned. Thank you Jesus for some poetic justice!
 
P.S. Yes, I am utterly outraged that this family would put my son outside to sleep when it was so cold! Who does that? I mean, our state just passed a law making it illegal to have pets outside when it’s so cold – and they put a kid outside for the night? Apparently, the friend has younger sisters and since my son is a young man, he is automatically a predator and could not be trusted to sleep in the same warm house as the girls. I guess it’s a good thing it wasn’t dangerously cold out or Primero would have learned a very difficult life lesson with frostbite….

No comments:

Post a Comment