Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Better Not Being Alone

In the beginning of the quarantine I debated with myself if I was better off having the kids here with me or if I would have been better off alone. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that I was happier with the kids being here, even if they drove me bonkers with their demands and incessant fighting. I wasn't alone and lonely. I was talking to a friend on messenger last night about and issue with my neighbors (possible domestic violence issues). I asked how she was doing and she said, since she is working her kids have to be with their fathers and it hurts so much to not be with her kids, especially since her daughter is only 10 months old. But, she needs to keep them safe, so she is making the sacrifice. Reading what she wrote made me feel so sad and grateful once again to be home with my kids. Even during our difficult times.


Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, perspective is a good reminder for us, isn't it? Hoping you're hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete