Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Miracle

I can’t even breathe. It’s the nervous excitement that turns my cheeks red and my insides all jiggly. I got a call today. A legal risk placement for a newborn. He will be leaving the hospital on Monday, so I won’t know anything until then (oh the torture!) but it would be a perfect Christmas miracle! My miracle! After the CHOR adoption coordinator said “newborn” I almost stopped listening, I almost screamed YES! All I can think about is me holding that baby under the Christmas tree! And frantically searching for a baby’s first Christmas ornament (which I almost bought a few months ago – I kind of had a premonition that I should buy the ornament but I didn’t want to jinx myself). My fingers are jittery as I type this! There is a small hiccup. After the call, the case worker called back and asked what my plans were for daycare because he would be too young for traditional daycare. I explained that I used another foster family but that didn’t seem to placate her too much. She said she would report that to the county. Please oh please dear God, please let this happen! Let this baby be my baby! I love him already and I haven’t even seen just how perfect he is! A brand new precious baby to wake me up all hours of the night! A tiny bundle of joy – this is all I wanted under my Christmas tree! I need nothing more. I already called the other foster parent, she’s on board and excited. I notified my supervisor’s supervisor (because my boss is out of town the next two weeks) and she was on board and excited. I have a few friends praying for me and I’m praying a blue streak. So, please God, orchestrate this miracle for me! 


*** As it turns out God did hear my prayers and He answered them with a Christmas miracle! A little after I typed this up I got another call asking me if I could pick the baby up at the hospital on Monday. I said, "Of course! What time?" After a few more calls it was determined I would need to wait to call CHOR Monday morning around 9:30 am to be sure the baby would be getting released. And I will need to go through a 2 hour seat belt safety course at the hospital. I just can't believe it! I am walking on air! I cannot stop smiling! I cannot stop thinking about all I need to do before Monday. Luckily, I got everything worked out at work to take next week off to get us both settled into a routine. I went a little crazy and went shopping after work. There are so many cute little outfits! Oh, I love this little one so much already! I just can't believe how lucky I am to be getting a newborn! He is my perfect Christmas miracle! I can't wait to meet him!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!! This is amazing, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete