Friday, October 7, 2016

Injustice



 

This was the response from the county case worker to the CHOR case worker’s question of when TPR was supposed to occur. The original date was in June, then it was going to be September, then October and now? Who knows! I understand the dates are dependent on the court, but for all that is holy, why didn’t someone think to ask the GAL about availability? People accused of crimes are promised a speedy trial by their sixth amendment; children who have done nothing wrong are not given the same promise. Instead, they are sent to languish in a system of instability indefinitely, their fate decided on the whim of an over-burdened court. I want to rage! I want to scream! I want someone to look at this mess and say, “That’s not ok and I’m going to do something about it!” But, all I can do it whine to the CHOR case worker and soldier on.    

No comments:

Post a Comment