Monday, March 13, 2017

Toddler-isms


Toddler-isms are about the cutest things ever, of this I am sure. Last Monday I had Love Bug to the doctor for his regular checkup. After I undressed him, the nurse took his measurements, temperature and weight then left the room. Love Bug, aware that “bad” things happen when he’s on the examining table, insisted I sit and hold him in one of the chairs along the wall. He was sitting on my lap, leaning his head on my shoulder. He picked his head up and surveyed the room, then whispered to me, “Mommy. I haveta get outta here.” He said it so seriously and so matter-of-factly that I couldn’t help but chuckle. I asked him where he wanted to go and he said ,”Go home.” I told him we couldn’t go home, so after thinking about it a minute he asked me where Primero and Chica Marie were. I told him they were in school. So, he asks, “Go school, Mommy?” When I told him he would need to go back to daycare he once again declared we “had to get out of there.” Later, after the doctor had seen him, listened to his heart (and he kept whispering to me while she was trying to listen!), looked in his ears, nose and mouth, the nurse came back with one shot. He needed the flu shot. He saw her come in the room and he saw the syringe. He was again sitting on my lap, facing me and the nurse said it was fine, she could give him the shot in his left arm. He watched her clean his arm with the alcohol swab. I was trying to distract him with stickers, but he watched the nurse stick the needle in his arm and gave her the side-eye, but he did not flinch. He didn’t cry, he didn’t yell, he just watched her as if her actions offended him. She put the band aid on his arm and he tried to pick it off, but other than that he sat stoically during the whole exchange. What a trooper!  


Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

5 comments:

  1. The toddlerisms move to little-kid-isms which can be really funny as hell.
    The other day, my I was helping my four year old get dressed.
    "Here, baby girl," I said. "Do you want your Minnie Mouse underpants?"
    "Sure." She said nonchalantly. "Let's fart on Minnie."

    I couldn't breathe for a while I was laughing too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Omg, that is FUNNY! Yeah, kids sure do say the darnest things!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute. And also, what a brave little dude! "I have to get out of here" oh my lol. So sweet, dear heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Good for him for being so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love that he gave her the side-eye, like "what do you think you're doing?"

    ReplyDelete