Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Poem

I feel am a mother, though my children you cannot see
I have a special mother’s heart that beats inside of me
Hard and long I’ve struggled, long and hard I have prayed
I’ve taken medication, I’ve tried so many many ways
Yet, it didn’t seem to matter how many times I tried
I was unable to conceive, my dreams inside me died
I know I am a mother, I feel it deep inside
I know I have a mother’s love, her grace and hope and pride
I long to hug my children close, to kiss them all good night
For now I keep on waiting, and hoping with all my might
I know God holds my children, in His strong and mighty hands
I know He keeps them safe for me, He saves them for His plans
One day I hope I shall be a mother with her kids
Grateful for all the nursery rhymes and games of pick-up-sticks
Until that day arrives, I’ll remain and forever be
A mother in my own mind, with children no one can see 

No comments:

Post a Comment