Sunday, May 4, 2014

Things Happen in the Right Time

The CHOR case worker was over Thursday afternoon. She explained to the kid that BCCYS is very strict about the time limits they grant to parents and that his mom has been struggling to follow through on all the court ordered things she needs to do. She said things are still a long way off from any moves towards termination of her rights, but she only has about 6 more months to get her act together or that will become a very real reality. She said she felt he was old enough to understand what is going and she didn’t want him to feel like anyone was keeping things from him. He said nothing about our conversation earlier in the week and so I too kept silent. I asked him later why he didn’t say anything and he told me it was because she changed the subject so fast (which is true, she did – I think she felt a little uncomfortable being the bearer of bad news and wanted to get it out and move on as quickly as possible). I told him I didn’t say anything because I felt it was his place and not mine to bring that up. He promised to talk to his case worker about it next time he saw her and I told him it wasn’t anything to worry about and he didn’t have to share that with his case worker if he didn’t want to. It’s a sensitive topic and I don’t want to push him in any way. I knew this wasn’t necessarily news to him, since his mom made mention of these things at the visit, but hearing it from a case worker can be a little more unsettling. She said she didn’t want him to be surprised a court, which I think is a good thing, that’s not the place to get bad news. I told the case worker about the little blip we had last week regarding school, but as usual I had no issues to discuss with her regarding the kid. We talked about summer camp options, private schools vs the local public school for next year, trips we want to take this summer, and if we can bleach some of his hair to give him red tips. Life just keeps churning on at this point. I read something on Facebook that I posted to my page. It showed a picture of closed tulips and said, “God opens millions of flowers without forcing the buds. It reminds us not to force anything for things happen in the right time.” It pretty much sums up where I am at in life right now……

No comments:

Post a Comment