Thursday, April 23, 2015

Looking Forward

I realized, in looking at the date on my calendar today, that one month has now passed since Primero’s bio mom relinquished her parental rights in court. So, this means that he is free for adoption, I think. I don’t really know what else needs to be done before the finalization day is set in court. The county case worker indicated that the adoption finalization should occur by early summer, which officially begins on June 21st. That’s just two short months away! And, it is less than a week shy of Love Bug’s first birthday.  

I have looked into several places to hold Love Bug’s party so we shall see which one pans out. I wish my house were big enough to just hold the party there, but it’s not. And I don’t want to burden my parents with asking them to host the party. When I told my mom I was beginning to plan Love Bug’s first birthday party her only comment was, “He won’t remember it anyway.” The medicine she is taking makes her such a grumpy old lady. I know he won’t remember the party, but he will see the pictures and I will remember his party. This is the first birthday party I am planning for a child and it is the first time I have a child turning one, so it’s kind of a big deal for me. Just like Primero’s 16th party will be a big deal for him in November (I want to try to have a surprise party for him). I was hoping she would help me plan the party, but I will soldier on undeterred. I do hope she will attend, at least!

I’m going with a pirate theme for his party and I simply love it! I will probably be tempted to talk like a pirate all day long, but I think it will be such fun! I’ve been scouring Pinterest for party ideas and every time I look at them I get more and more excited. I’m going to order some things from the Oriental Trading company online and I need to find a perfect outfit for my sweet little man. I think the hardest thing is deciding on what food to serve. I need something simple, something kid friendly, and something that goes with our theme. I also need to think of games and/or crafts for the little party-goers. I think it will be great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment