Friday, June 26, 2015

First Birthday


It is so hard to believe that my precious Love Bug is one year old! This year has just flown by in the blink of an eye! It has been the most amazing journey to be with Love Bug since the beginning, to watch him grow and learn has been the greatest blessing of my life. I love watching Love Bug reach new milestones and accomplish new things, it is such a joy and one I’m so grateful to have. Sometimes I feel like it’s Love Bug who is the glue to our family, sticking us together because we all dote on him as the baby. He’s crawling like a champ and getting into so many things. He loves power cords and so we’ve become rather creative in hiding them from him. He also really likes to chew on shoes. He crawls into my bedroom and opens my dresser drawers but hasn’t yet opened the drawers in the kitchen. I have the hardest time keeping him from chewing on the dog food or splashing in her water bowl. Love Bug also really enjoys Primero’s cat, Harmony. Often times he will be sitting on the floor and she’ll rub up against him or swish her tail across his head. Thus far, they’ve been very gentle with one another and he gently taps her on the head or tries to grab her tail and eat it. Love Bug has also discovered the dog is very interesting, especially her feet and face whiskers. Canela is very leery of him, but has been tolerating his gentle probing of her toes and facial hair. Love Bug tries every chance he gets to put his sister’s hair in his mouth. Her poufy curls must look delectable to him. Primero is probably Love Bug’s favorite. I have so many pictures of them cuddling together or of Love  Bug reaching up to grab Primero’s face. Their relationship always warms my heart. I wish I could share pictures of Love Bug because he’s just the most beautiful child, with long thick black eyelashes and soft pouty lips. He has crazy hair that stands up in the hair ala Einstein, but it is so soft and curly I simply love it. I hope his hair stays this soft. If course, he will hate his curls as he gets older but they are so endearing. I should think about giving him his first haircut to give those curls some shape, but right now I can’t imagine losing those beautiful ringlets. Love Bug still only has 6 teeth that he got all at once between 6-8 months. Unfortunately, he already has a biting problem, which is something I want to curtail before it gets too out-of-hand. Right now I tell him “NO!” and he laughs at me then puts his mouth back over me, daring me to tell him no again. He has bitten me on a few occasions. The first time he bit my breast and I almost flung him on the floor. He bit my breast a second time and also he’s bitten my arm and given me a black and blue mark from it. I was not pleased. Love Bug still calms down when Primero plays music, especially when he plays Fall Out Boy or any rock music. Love Bug is all about the rock music! His smile melts my heart and his giggle makes me beam with delight. I love this baby with all my heart and I pray that we have many, many more birthday’s and milestones to celebrate together as a family. Happy first birthday Love Bug!   

No comments:

Post a Comment