Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sweet 16 Surprise


We held a surprise birthday party for Primero on Saturday. He turned 16 (OMG!!! 16!!!!) and so his sister and I and one of his close friends planned this surprise party, which was pretty successful if I don’t say so myself. We used a black and white theme, I made tons of decorations from tissue paper (thanks Pinterest!), I made 4 different bacon appetizers (because he LOVES bacon – and he didn’t eat a one at the party because he was too busy socializing), we had a cake, dancing, the whole nine yards. My parents came for a little but had to leave for my dad to make some gear box part for a company (one of his many odd jobs). I was glad they came because I was worried they wouldn’t. I don’t know why, my parents so rarely let me down I should really give them more credit for how awesome they are. I even had a chance to talk to Primero’s girlfriend at the party. We so seldom interact that I wanted to use this opportunity to try to turn over a new leaf and start disliking her a lot less. She sure doesn’t make it easy! Our conversation was good and I felt like it was a turning point into hopefully something of mutual respect that could blossom into a true relationship. But, then there was the “after party.” I rented the hall where Primero attends the after school programs, so his friend who works there helped me out with the cleanup and whatnot. We were supposed to be out by 8:30 because that is how long I had rented the hall. It was nearly 9 by the time we were leaving. A bunch of kids, including the girl who was responsible for cleaning up and locking up, were still there. I should have insisted they leave before we did but I was exhausted, the babies were tired and my friend (who is 72 years old) was wiped out. We needed to go rest. So, we left. I believed the girl (she is 18 almost 19) would do the responsible thing, chase the kids away, maybe have one or two to stay and help her, then lock up and head home. Um, no. They stayed and enjoyed lap dances that they recorded and put on Snapchat for the world to see. And this included Primero’s girlfriend (see, not making it easy for me to like her!!!). And these children act as if a lap dance is some innocent thing, since body parts were not skin-to-skin touching. Lord what is wrong with this world??? I’m so angry about this, about how their dirty little minds have corrupted Primero’s birthday party and made their “after party” the talk of the town, rubbing it in Primero’s face. I’m angry how the girlfriend not only tried to hide her actions (she lied through omission) but how she doesn’t think it’s a big deal after she punched a boy at the party for kissing Primero’s neck while they were dancing (yeah, not great – I swear these kids need to be hosed down with some cold water!). Hello pot, this is the kettle, YOU’RE BLACK! I told Primero I want to contact each and every one of these miscreants and tell them just how horrid they are and what terrible friends (girlfriend) they are and then I want to tell their mothers. I mean, I get that teenagers are hormonal and horny, but this is ridiculous! They need to get a life, find a hobby, take a cold shower, SOMETHING! Seriously, who does this? I’m most disappointed in the older girl, the one who was there working, because I sincerely thought she would have controlled the situation better, not let all the kids engage in some lude after party antics. I really have half a mind to contact the administrator about it but I fear this would cause a permanent rift in many relationships for Primero. And, I really hate how crappy this all has made him feel. His memories of his 16th birthday party have been tarnished because his friends are animals unable to control themselves. Can you tell this has me irritated?!

In other news, Primero told me last night he spoke with his mother and she wants to see him. That’s how he told me, not he wants to visit her, but she wants to see him. Apparently, she asked to see him on his birthday but he told her we already had plans, which we did. So, I asked him what he had in mind for this visit and gave him different scenarios. First of all, his mother is about 40 minutes away in another city, so we would need to consider transportation. I asked if he would like to just have me drop him off and then come back for him at a designated time. He nixed that idea. So, I asked if he would want it to be just him with me or if he would want the little ones there as well. This matters mostly because if the little ones have to go to respite I would need to coordinate that before we could plan the visit. I asked what he thought we could do, the weather might not be nice enough to go to a park and hang out, so maybe a local coffee shop? If the little ones are along, it might be more difficult to find a comfortable place to hang out. Then I stuck my foot in it and asked if he wanted her to come to our place. I don’t even know why I said that because I don’t see it as a viable option. But, he seemed to latch onto this idea, thinking it would be great to show her his room and hang out. This is my least favorite option for several reasons. One, it would mean driving 40 minutes to pick her up, then 40 minutes back home only to repeat the process after the visit. Two, it would mean massive cleaning needs to happen and three, I hate feeling uncomfortable in my own home and that is very likely to happen. So, Primero will talk to her about what they want to do for this visit and we will take it from there. I’m not looking forward to it, especially if he decides he wants it to be just the three of us – yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment