Monday, May 22, 2017

Doggie Foster Care


We became a doggie foster family. Partially because I miss my Canela but I’m not ready for another dog (permanently) and partially because I’m sad about not being a foster family once the little ones are adopted. Also, I’m insane. So, we became approved and last Monday we took in our first foster dog. He is a one year old 75 pound chocolate Lab named Mocha. When I read his description I somehow missed the part about him being a puppy (Labs stay puppies forever!). He is a giant, loveable ball of energy that just doesn’t stop ever! I can’t walk him because he nearly pulls my arms out of their sockets and trying to get his attention long enough to train him is fairly useless. It’s not like the walks made him tired or calm down anyway. Because he is a young, healthy beautiful dog, he has already found a potential forever home and will visit with them the first time on June 3rd. If all goes well, it will be his new home and we will be ready for our next foster dog. We’re hoping for an older, calmer dog.

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

3 comments:

  1. Labs are just big babies. Hoping all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun way to get to love on a lot of dogs and always have someone to pet at the end of a hard day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did fostering too! I'm so excited for you! I hope that sweet puppy moves onto his forever home here and you can get a calmer dog. ;)

    ReplyDelete