Monday, May 13, 2019

Quiet But Nice

Yesterday was one of few mother's day that didn't totally suck. It was quiet, but nice. We went to brunch with my parents, sister and brother-in-law. Primero went along without prompting, which was really nice. The weather was crappy with lots of heavy rain, but family time was nice. Love Bug sat between my parents and soaked up my dad's attention. The little guy really digs my dad. He also waited patiently for breakfast, even thought it was busy and took some time. My mom was quiet but she didn't make any comments. Before we left the house, Primero gave me a generous gift from Bath and Body Works and a beautiful, yet funny card. It was very much my style. And, Esperanza broke her months of silence with the following, "Happy Mother's Day! I just want to take a moment and thank you for everything you have done for me. Without you I wouldn't be who I am today. For the couple of years I spent with you, you've taught me a lot. At times it might not of looked like it because I'm hard headed sometimes lol but you did teach me a lot. No your not my real mom but you stepped up when you didn't have to and took me in like one of your own and took care of me. You did things my real mother never done and no I'm not talking about the materialistic things I'm talking about when you ask me if I was ok you talked to me when I needed someone to talk to about things I couldn't talk to nobody about. I always had a shoulder to cry on you were always there even when we had our ups and downs. I appreciate everything you have done for me. I love you and happy mother's day." It made me cry. And miss her like crazy.

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful words from your daughter, that is huge for her to say those things and such a gift for you to have given her those affirming experiences to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so glad she said those things to you.

    ReplyDelete