Monday, September 23, 2019

Expert Needed


People have told me I am the expert when it comes to my children, but I am not. How can I be the expert when I have no idea what to do? I don’t know how to get Love Bug to cooperate and accomplish simple everyday tasks. How am I the expert when I have no idea how to help my daughter with her internal struggles and issues? I don’t know if we are coming or going, if we are up or down. I am holding it together with duct tape and sheer determination. If there is expertise in stubbornness, then yes, perhaps I am an expert. But, when it comes to helping my children, my only expertise lies in being able to describe what is going on, what might trigger them, and how the fall-out looks from my perspective. I have no clue how to stop it or make any of it go differently than I did the last time. I've read books and I am now reading one more; "The Explosive Child" by Dr. Ross Green. Maybe this will be the key to true expertise. Fingers crossed....

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment