Friday, October 25, 2019

My Birthday

My mother never sent me a happy birthday text. My birthday was the first. I took the day off of work and spent it treating myself. After I dropped the kids off at school, Primero surprised me with a very thoughtful gift. He had seen how my old make-up case was falling apart, so he bought me a new one. He also bought me a new make-up pallet with gorgeous colors. When I started making myself breakfast he insisted on taking me out instead. So, we went to a local crepe shop and discovered his cousin works there. After delicious pumpkin crepes I had a pedicure and massage, then went to see the Downton Abbey movie by myself. I’ve never gone to see a movie by myself, although now I don’t know why. I love the movie. Just being back with the characters felt like going home. The plot was well done, but really it was just all of wonderful characters doing their thing that I found delightful. I hope the movie is released on DVD so I can watch it again and again. Once the movie ended it was time for me to pick up the kids. We had pizza for dinner because I was going to the Women’s Empowerment group that evening. I had made lavender cupcakes to celebrate my birthday. My mom posted a happy birthday message on Facebook. So, people could see it. I think treating myself on my birthday needs to become my thing. It was a truly great day.

1 comment: