Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Soft Kitty


I’m an idiot. A total glutton for punishment. Yesterday, while we waited to see my therapist, Primero announced Esperanza had no choice but to release her and Cousin’s kittens into the concrete jungle. Esperanza had moved in with their uncle on Labor Day and Cousin was moving back to her mother’s place in Connecticut. I couldn’t see letting the innocent kittens become roadkill or dog meat, so I said I would take them to the Animal Rescue League so they could find new homes. You don’t see where this is going yet?

 

After the therapy session we picked up the little ones and went to the grocery store. I needed a few things to make dinner and the dogs needed dog food. While we were grocery shopping Esperanza text Primero telling him her former roommate was angry about the kittens and wanted them gone like 5 minutes ago. I had wanted to go home and make dinner and then get the kittens but our time table needed to be adjusted. We drove to his uncle’s house to get Cousin (who still had a house key), drove her to their house to gather three smelly, hungry, scared kittens, only to turn around and take her back to Uncle’s house and return home with the kittens. It was now after 6 and the little ones were starving. I tried to make dinner as quickly as I could because we needed to get to the ARL before 8 when they closed. Primero bathed the kittens, who had sat in their own urine and feces since being penned up on Monday.

 

We finished dinner around 7:30. We were not going to make it to the ARL plus, Chica Marie needs to get to bed a little earlier for school. Primero asked for a week to find homes for the kittens because he was so sad about taking them to the shelter. And, he has been negotiating for one kitten to stay because his cousin wants to reclaim this kitten when she returns to town at some point in the future.

 

And this is how it goes when I decide to do a good deed! We now have three kittens in addition to our two dogs and two cats. Because I’m too soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment