Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mini Rant

* Warning *

The following is an irrational rant......

I ran into someone I used to know when I took the kids to the doctor last week. She was surprised to see me with two kids and asked who they were. I explained that they were my foster children. Her question? "Do you have any children of your own?"

I have come across this before. I tell someone I (or we) am adopting and they ask about biological children. It pisses me off. I don't want to tell you that I have infertility issues, why can't you just accept that I am adopting a child and be happy for me? Or, could you at least make the logical leap without me spilling my guts? I don't want to watch you cringe as I tell you I'm a flipping infertile loser and why should I have to explain why I am adopting in the first place? I don't walk up to a pregnant woman and ask her why she's not adopting. Of course, adopting as a single woman makes more sense. Although, that is if you know I am single. I don't usually walk around with my "I'm infertile and oh, by the way my husband left" t-shirt on. Anyway, it just pissed me off that this woman didn't even so much as say, "good for you" when I declared my intent to adopt. Why force me to tell you the whole gut-wrenching story? Go stick your nosy face into someone else's business!

End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment