Thursday, May 5, 2016

Best Time of the Day


Let me tell you about my most favorite time of the day. It’s the time I look forward to with glee because no matter how bad things were earlier in the day, it brings a smile to my face. My favorite time of the day is when I step into Love Bug’s room to pick him up at daycare. Generally, I get Chica Marie first, since I sometimes have to talk to her teacher about a myriad of things and don’t want to be holding Love Bug while I do it. Then we head over to Love Bug’s toddler room and I stick my head inside the room. More often than not, he is waiting for me, his internal clock telling him it’s time I show up. But, sometimes I catch him playing and call out his name. Regardless of where he is or what he is doing, when he sees me or hears my voice this child comes running full speed, as fast as his little legs will carry him, to jump into my arms. He will let nothing stand in his way as he flies towards me, arms outstretched, and a giant smile on his face. I think his favorite moment of the day might be the same as mine. Sometimes he calls out “Ninny!” as he is running towards me, delighted that I came back for him. When I scoop him up in my arms, he wraps his little arms around my neck and waits for my kisses to fall upon his cheeks. Now, since he is babbling a lot more, he launches into a long story about his day that only he understands. He gleefully waves good-bye to his teacher and we re-collect Chica Marie (who generally wanders off into the room to check out some toy that caught her eye, or to interact with the little kids in the room) and head out the door. I wish I could bottle these moments because I’m certain they are fleeting and I so adore seeing Love Bug’s excitement at reuniting after a long day apart. I’m certain every mother shares the same sentiment, but I have the three most adorable children on planet Earth.  

1 comment: