Monday, April 9, 2018

Shattered


The adoption was all set for this week. I was a little nervous because there was a small hiccup with the lawyers office, but it was smoothed over and so I was feeling more optimistic. Until late Friday afternoon. My phone rang and the lawyer’s paralegal called to inform me that CYS cancelled the adoption for this week and so it won’t be until next month. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. At the midnight hour, CYS threw their weight around to stop the court processes and block our adoption. The greatest question is why? The answer is, because Chica Marie made the comment she did at therapy and so CYS feels it is “inappropriate” to move forward with the adoption at this time. When I spoke to our county case worker on Friday she told me it was “regrettable” that I was told a date for the adoption and that I had shared that information with everyone, including the children. The saddest part of this whole story is that earlier in the day on Friday Chica Marie’s TSS worker text me to let me know Chica Marie was happily telling everyone at school that she was getting adopted the following week. She was grinning from ear to ear. When I shared with Chica Marie what had happened, she asked me if it meant she was going to have to live with another family. We are shattered at the moment. Love Bug doesn’t understand what is going on, but he is the one being the most unjustly affected. Personally, I think it is criminal what CYS has done. Supposedly, they want to talk to the Filial therapist to get her professional take on what happened and if it would be ok to proceed with the adoption. Funny thing is, technically I am her client, not Chica Marie. And she doesn’t really know Chica Marie, she’s only seen her a handful of times. I recommended talking to the TSS worker or the Family Based therapists because they know her longer and better. Not only that, there’s my whole issue with the Filial therapist so I really don’t trust she will give the most glowing report. I don’t know what has taken so long for the county case worker to make the calls, why she never reached out to me, why they waited until just 5 days before the adoption to put the kibosh on the whole deal, but I’m outraged. I reported the incident on 3/20 a full week and 2 days before I was given the date for the adoption, which was just under 2 weeks out. You mean to tell me in that 3 week period, CYS didn’t know what they were doing? I had to find out from the paralegal that our adoption was being stopped? I have zero respect for this case worker, just none. How does no one take into consideration how this little child will feel, how this insane world of limbo is affecting her and contributing to the behaviors and feelings? Oh, right, it was regrettable that I was given a date. Way to take any tiny grain of responsibility. Even for CYS, that’s low.



Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I hope things will work out next month. I wish I could make terrible comments at them in effigy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The really telling comment from Chica Marie is that terrifying (for her) question whether she would have to live with another family. That they put her through that is awful! I'm so sorry. It must be terrible to feel that your life, and hers, are in the hands of people you don't trust or respect. Let's hope commonsense prevails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't believe I am reading this. I am totally outraged on your behalf. How dare they play with people's lives like they don't matter. I hope gets resolved very soon. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nooo. All she needs is stability and to see that she’s safe and loved forever. And they took that away. How dare they!!!!! It’ll be hard to wait but I have faith that next month will be the month for you. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete