Thursday, April 11, 2019

One Year as a Family


Today marks the first year anniversary of the adoption of Chica Marie and Love Bug. We have spent one year as an official family of four. Earlier this week I was contacted about a potential placement for a 9 year old girl.  Her family was headed to court today, but I found out yesterday the county would not need the placement. I’m hoping that means the girl and her five siblings were able to stay in their home. I spoke with Love Bug and Chica Marie about the possibility of the placement and Chica Marie was very excited at the prospect of another girl in the home. She was also very disappointed when I told her the girl would not be coming. We talked about how frustrating foster care can be and if it was something we wanted to continue doing. Chica Marie was very adamant that she wanted us to take in a placement. Love Bug was more realistic and doubtful, expressing worry about not being able to sleep with me. We shall see how it goes, if we do get a placement.

 

I shared the post from this day last year on Facebook, celebrating the finalization for the little ones. Their mother hearted the post. I was taken aback when I saw that because that’s a hard thing. Hard to like something that has caused you so much personal turmoil. I know their mom tried to get them back and I know she made mistakes along the way. And she has finally worked on herself and seems to be in a really good space right now. I hope she is able to keep it up, I hope she is able to rebuild the relationships she has lost with her kids and be there for them. And, even more than that, I hope she is able to stay healthy for herself. I know her life has not been an easy one, even without some of the poor choices she made. But, there is redemption and everyone deserves a second chance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment