Friday, September 12, 2014

Unleash the Cracken (From July 15, 2014)

It’s about to get crazy up in here. CHOR called me yesterday afternoon to see if I would be willing to take the baby’s older sister, whom I’ve had in respite a bunch of weekends. The other family put a 30 day notice in on her, but not her older sister and the county has decided to split them up. It makes logical sense that they ask me, since I’ve spent some time with her and because I have her baby brother. But…… This child is much like the little girl I had last year in terms of behaviors. She requires a lot of redirection and attention. This worked when it was just Primero and her because I could give her more attention. But, with an infant taking so much of my time, it would be a lot different. This would also require the basement bedroom to be completed posthaste. I told CHOR I would think about it. I wanted to discuss it with Primero first because the little girl bugs him and he has expressed feelings of frustrations with her. We discussed it and he was ok with her moving in. I’m still not sold on the idea and I will continue contemplating the possibility until the end of the week which is CHOR’s deadline for me. The foster mother who has the little girl right now also baby-sits the baby and she advised me to say no based on her experiences with the girl. It’s been different at my house and I don’t have the same issues with the girl that the other family has had – not to say those issues wouldn’t arise once the girl gets settled. I did have all three kids for the 4th of July weekend and it really wasn’t that bad. Of course a weekend and 24/7 is not quite the same. I’m praying for some revelation about it because from minute to minute I waiver from yes to no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment