Thursday, January 25, 2018

Momma's Boy


I was talking to our adoption case worker about my worries that Love Bug was too stuck on me. He still seems so needy; needing my attention, cuddling, coddling, and just needing his momma. I worried he was not acting in a developmentally on-target sort of way. The adoption case worker laughed and said, “that’s just how boys are with their moms.” Well, clearly not all boys. I mean, Primero wasn’t a baby when he moved in, so I can’t gauge by him. He did enjoy laying on my lap, asking me to play with his hair, when he was younger. He used to snuggle with me more than he does now, but he still hugs me most nights before going to bed, so there’s that. My own brother wasn’t much of a momma’s boy. But, since I was a child (and a daddy’s girl) I can’t really rely on my own memory. It’s something I will have to remember to ask my mom. Chica Marie likes to cuddle, she likes to snuggle, but she doesn’t have an absolute break-down if I cannot pick her up and nuzzle her into my neck the way Love Bug does. I feared I was spoiling him or babying him too much. He is just super-attached to me, looking for me every day at daycare, crying for me when he isn’t feeling good in normal ways but also needing to sleep with me, touching me. The case worker assured me he is just a momma’s boy and eventually I will miss the cuddles and snuggles, but if he’s like her son, he’ll still be ok with cuddling well into his teen years. I mean, I’m not gonna lie, that sounds pretty awesome. I’d take some Primero snuggling and he’s 18, so I guess a momma always wants to cuddle her kids. I joke that Love Bug will be sleeping with me until he’s in his 30’s but there might be some truth to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment