Saturday, January 27, 2018

Walking on Sunshine


I have good news coming out of the woodwork this week and I’m giddy like a school girl in a candy store! My heavens, I was so READY for this! Yes, yes, yes! You know, sometimes you don’t know how down you are because you just keep putting one foot in front of the other. That is, until the clouds break and suddenly you are bathed in warm, intense, bright sunlight, just a sparkling beam of goodness. And, bathed in that sunny euphoria, beaming from ear to ear just letting the good feelings wash over you! It’s been a long time coming, this real good feeling!
 
Let me start with the news that the county is ready to finalize the adoption for BOTH Love Bug and Chica Marie. Like totally, just-need-a-date, ready. Can I get an AMEN?! Wednesday night the CHOR case worker, the county case worker and our two new Family Based therapists were over at the house. It was chaotic, as it usually is with the 4 dogs (oh, yeah Skye’s adoption failed and she came back Monday night) and the kids. I was busy trying to keep the kids calm and occupied while making dinner and Primero always has to try to have an important (to him) conversation with me when case workers are over, so I was semi-distracted, but I did hear the county case worker announce she is ready for us to get a date for adoption and I had to scrape my chin off the ground. Lots of other conversations were going on, but I held on to that wonderful news. And, she notified me a few days after the meeting to approve the adoption stipend, which will stay at the same level it is now, so more good news!
 
I know I reported just breaking up with my boyfriend and the strange text conversation we had a few days afterwards. I hemmed and hawed about breaking up with him for some time, mostly because there wasn’t anything wrong with our relationship, I just wasn’t feeling “those” feelings. Even after the awkward messages, when I realized he was already out looking for someone else, I felt a little bad about ending it. Thursday night I met a friend for drinks and there has been an attraction between us previously, but we were both married to different people. Well, that (sadly) isn’t the case anymore and the chemistry I knew was lacking in my last relationship is magnetically strong between us. We had a wonderful time and plan on seeing one another again. It just hit home how different things are when you have a connection because I came home laughing, thinking of him and when we would see one another again. Such a stark contrast between what I just ended! I felt like I had to force myself to do everything, but with this new guy there’s no need; I genuinely enjoyed our time together and can’t wait to spend more time with him. And, I know there’s baggage (he has three kids and I know his wife) and things might be complicated, so I’m not rushing into anything serious. It’s just nice to know what it’s like to enjoy seeing someone. It’s nice to know it’s possible because for too long, I really thought it wasn’t a possibility for me.
 
I know all good things must come to an end, so this good-feeling sunshine might not last, but I plan on enjoying it and soaking in every single ray while it lasts!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome news regarding adoption of kiddos. Great news re a revived friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this makes me so happy to hear!!!! šŸ˜❤️

    ReplyDelete