Tuesday, January 22, 2019

What's Important in 2019


So often in the past I spend the final weeks of the year contemplating all the ways I wish to change in the coming year. I write up an earnest list of resolutions and then revisit them again at the end of the year, feeling like a hopeless loser and swearing I will do better this next year. With the exception of the year I dutifully purged the house (and I’m still looking for some things I might have tossed), I haven’t really stuck to many of my plans. So, this year I decided I’m not going to make any resolutions, I’m just going to write down the things that are important to me that I want to concentrate on for 2019. Without further ado, here is my list:

 

  • Find time to read: make time, have a book with me at all times, pick one night per week to read a book instead of watching TV, set aside time to read on a Sunday afternoon, have the kids read 10 minutes every Sunday then increase the time
  • Take a family vacation: plan, save, go
  • Find a way to Meal Plan and to eat healthier: eat more veggies, think about starting meatless Monday’s, take salads for lunch
  • Exercise  and get active: go to yoga weekly or bi-weekly, walk with the kids every day for 30 minutes, find a way to do workout videos
  • Attend church regularly: maybe try a different church or different churches?
  • Do more bucket list things: make plans, set aside money
  • Do monthly random acts of kindness: keep it simple, make it a mindset

No comments:

Post a Comment