Monday, June 10, 2019

Structured Daycare


The Early Intervention teacher does not like our daycare. She tried, in the past, to get me to switch Love Bug to a head start or some other “more structured” program. I balked at the idea of switching daycare providers. I had, and still have, many valid reasons for not jumping ship.

 

  1. Love Bug has only ever gone to two different daycare centers. Before he entered daycare he was with another foster mother. He has been going to this daycare since he was a little over a year old. He knows everyone and they all know him. They are our community.
  2. Moving Love Bug to a more structured daycare might be splitting up the kids. Chica Marie is too old for head start programs and might not be able to attend the same center as Love Bug.
  3. The logistics of changing daycares is daunting. I well remember the stress of finding a new daycare when my friend closed hers. I’m loathe to do that again because one person feels I should.
  4. This daycare picks up the kids from their school, which is hard to find because we are on the edge of the city. Plus, they don’t charge extra for the pick-up.
  5. I trust the daycare. I trust that they want to help my kids, to see them grow to their full potential. It is a smaller daycare and I like that it feels like a little family.
  6. It is super-close to my job, which is nice and convenient. It also gives me comfort to know my children are nearby.
  7. The daycare is flexible and works with me. My shift at work doesn’t change but there are times I need to be at a training somewhere and they are ok with my bringing the kids in a little earlier or picking them up a little later.
  8. They know Primero and understand that sometimes he might drop the kids off or pick them up in my stead.
  9. Moving Love Bug to a more structured daycare might help him in the long run, but the initial transition would be brutal. He does not like change and going to a new daycare would make for some very trying mornings.
  10. When Love Bug’s teacher found out that he wasn’t going to make it to his pre-school graduation because it was the same night as Primero’s, she offered to take him along and keep him at her house until I could pick him up. You can’t pay for that type of kindness and dedication.  

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment