Monday, June 24, 2019

The End of the Road

My heart aches, my eyes are swollen from crying. Love Bug has been kicked out of his daycare. They feel he is too much of a danger to himself and his classmates because he continually tries to escape not only the room but the building and he is increasingly physical in his tantrums. The TSS doesn't seem to be making much headway with him. His mobile therapist only has limited hours. And the daycare does not have the staff to deal with Love Bug's issues. They issued the edict this morning via a phone call while I was at work. I immediately began searching our options. They are very limited. We need a daycare that can accommodate Love Bug's needs and also be willing to transport the kids from our elementary school when school starts. There are not many daycares willing to pick up from our elementary school. There might be less than 4 in the whole city. And the two I spoke to were not appropriate for Love Bug with large class sizes and no one-on-one attention. I called every possible resource, including our local contact for disabilities (we are going to get a case manager) and the local autism resource group. I even posted on Facebook to find help. Thus far I have found a lot of no's. The mobile therapist came over tonight and Love Bug had a massive meltdown. We all ended up on the floor until he calmed down. And then we talked about options, of which there are few. At this point we are seriously considering a partial hospitalization program. So much for kindergarten. As I watched the dishes I heard Love Bug sobbing in his bed, "I don't want to leave my daycare. I don't want to leave my friends." And my heart broke even more.


Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that this is happening for Love Bug.
    I can't imagine how hard it must be to have this happen and then not to be able to find another daycare.
    Hope it gets resolved soon. X

    ReplyDelete