Monday, August 1, 2016

Vacation Fail


We tried to go away last weekend, just two measly nights! The trip started off with tire issues. The front tire caliber malfunctioned and while my father was able to fix it, in doing so he discovered two of the bolts holding my tire on were broken and he snapped a third taking the tire off. So, we had to spend the night with my parents in their un-air conditioned house, on a sweltering and unbearably humid night. There was also a bug incident, which sent Primero to share a bed with Chica Marie because she had a ceiling fan in her room (my old bedroom), which acts as a bug deterrent. Meanwhile the only way Love Bug would sleep was stuck fast to me - and I do mean stuck, by his sweat and mine. We slept on the living room couch. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well. We did manage to make it to our destination, where they gave away our room and the only thing left was the suite, for more money. When we went to hike, on the hottest day of the year, Primero got mad because Love Bug was scared and initially unwilling to walk (we went to see waterfalls and the sound scared him). Chica Marie was angry about something, but eventually she came around only to announce she had to pee and we were barely half-way through the hike with no bathrooms and she wouldn't even consider other options. Sigh. I tell myself it was the thought that counts, right? And, the kids did get to see some nature and beautiful scenery. Then, I came home to loads and gobs of laundry and trying to get ready for the busy week and really felt like the whole ordeal was simply not worth it....








 




Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it turned out to be difficult. Hope the next attempt is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh. The best laid plans ... I'm glad at least you spent some time out in nature and enjoyed beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the worst because you go into those trips to relax; not to get more stressed. Hope the next trip is better.

    ReplyDelete