Monday, December 10, 2012

Two Calls, One Wrecked Car

So, my last post was about a placement for three little kids. Today CHOR called to let me know these children went somewhere else and I was glad to hear that – having a three year old sleeping in my room was not something I was really looking forward to because it would probably mean having a three year old sleeping with me. But, I digress. The other tidbit of news was that I am still in the running for a placement from BCCYS. I was called a week ago Friday about two placements from BCCYS and only now has the county made the decision that one of those placements is going to be moved. They are going to begin scheduling interviews for the legal risk placement. There is no guarantee I will be called for an interview, but I had given up on hearing anything on this referral, so I am glad to at least know that it’s not a done deal. I don’t want to get too excited about it because I think the placement is perfect and I don’t want to deal with the emotional fall-out if the county does not choose me.
But, this tiny tidbit of news was very welcomed after the horrific weekend I had. Stupidly, I let Flaco borrow my car Friday night and now I don’t have a car. It is smashed and currently missing (probably hauled off by the police because we could not get it fast enough). My insurance gave me a rental and I have so much to figure out now. I had just paid this car off the beginning of September. Flaco promises to get me a decent car, but he has proven time and time again his word means nothing. I just need this craptastic year to come to an end, like NOW! And wouldn’t it be lovely if it would end with a happy placement for legal risk?
This weekend I am doing respite again, for the same two kids I had a few weeks ago - a girl age 3 and a boy age one. This phone call came before the one I mentioned above. Apparently, the foster family who has these two kids has put in a 30 days’ notice, asking for the children to be moved. CHOR wanted to know if I would be willing to take the kids on a full-time basis, but this would be a foster care placement. I am supposed to see how things go this weekend and let them know next Monday. At least it would give me kids for Christmas! But, I’m worried it could jeopardize my opportunity for a legal risk placement. I guess I have a lot to think about as I try to track down my broken and destroyed vehicle…….

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man. Such ridiculousness from Flaco.... ay yi yi.

    But, I am hopeful about the potential legal risk placement!

    ReplyDelete